BADEA was created to strengthen the economic, financial and technical cooperation between the Arab and African regions. It works towards this goal by:
- Participating in the financing of economic development in African countries.
- Stimulating the contribution of Arab capital to African development.
- Providing technical assistance for development projects in Africa.
Together, BADEA and UNDB aim to:
- Increase the visibility of Sustainable Development Goals in African countries.
- Expand the pool of Arab and African entities participating in the wholesale development of the region.
- Foster transparency in public procurement.