UPDATED ON 27 JUNE 2023 (ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON 15 MAY 2023): The document “Automatic weather station Clarification No 1.docx” has been attached (which can be accessed by selecting the link under “Attachments”).
Ministry of Agriculture
1. The State of Eritrea, Ministry of Agriculture, and National Project Coordination Office (NPCO) has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards the cost of Integrated Agricultural Development Project (IADP) and intends to apply part of the financing for the purchase of these goods. The use of any IFAD financing shall be subject to IFAD’s approval, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the financing agreement, as well as IFAD’s rules, policies and procedures. IFAD and its officials, agents and employees shall be held harmless from and against all suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature brought by any party in connection with Integrated Agricultural Development Project (IADP).
2. The Integrated Agricultural Development Project (IADP) includes three components and has six years’ lifetime. The overall goal of the project is to contribute to poverty reduction and food and nutrition security of rural households. The project Development objective is to enhance small holder agricultural production and productivity in sustainable way and improves rural livelihoods.
3. This IFB follows the general procurement notice that appeared on the IFAD website on 5 March, 2023, the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) website on 5 March, 2023 and a national newspaper Haddas Eritrea/ Eritrean profile on 15 March, 2023,
4. The purchaser now invites sealed bids from eligible entities (“bidders”) for the provision of Supply, Installation and Commissioning of solar irrigation equipments in 3No project sites, Supply, installation and commissioning of solar equipments, accessories and refrigerators in 3No lots, Procurement of 10 Total stations, Supply, installation and commissioning of Automatic weather station (12 in six zobas) and Procurement of Non automatic weather station (6 in six zobas) and Procurement of Laboratory equipment and consumables in 3No of lots at CIF Massawa seaport final destination with 120 days of delivery period from the signing of contract agreement. More details on these goods and related services are provided in the schedule of requirements in this bidding document.
5. This IFB is open to all eligible bidders who wish to respond. Subject to the restrictions noted in the bidding document, eligible entities may associate with other bidders to enhance their capacity to successfully deliver the goods and related services. Potential bidders should first fill request for and then out a registration form using email address below before receiving the documents by email which is provide at no charge.
6. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) method, the evaluation procedure for which is described in this bidding document, in accordance with the IFAD procurement handbook which is provided on the IFAD websitewww.ifad.org/project-procurement. The ICB process, as described, will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
7. Please note that a pre-bid conference will not be held as described in the bid data sheet BDS, Section II of the bidding document.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below and in the manner specified in the BDS ITB 25 no later than 9;30 am local Asmara, Eritrea time, 29 June 2023
Ministry of Agriculture, Procurement and Supplies Management Division (PSMD)
Lidia Russom (Procurement officer)
Sawa Street, Asmara, Eritrea
Tel Number: 00291181076/00291189266
Fax Number: 1048
9. Bidders should be aware that late bids will not be accepted under any circumstances and will be returned unopened to the bidder. All bids must be accompanied by bid securing declaration in the manner and amount specified in the bid data sheet.
10. Please note that electronic bids shall not be accepted as defined in ITB BDS 25.
DB Ref No.
* Definition of status type:
- Open - Procurement notice is open for bidding;
- Closed - Deadline has passed;
- Cancelled - Procurement process is cancelled;
- N/A - Not applicable, for General Procurement Notices with unspecified deadlines.
Please note that due to the difference in time zones, the actual deadline time may be a few hours earlier or later than when the status changes from Open to Closed on the website. Please do not solely rely on the above status and take note of the deadline in local time (found in the body of the text of each procurement notice).